Wanted: All Good Recipes!

Have a recipe? Share it!! To share your favorite recipes, please use the e-mail button below. Don't forget to include a photo of the finished dish, if you can. In-progress photos are great too! Tell me how you would like to be credited at the end of the post and if you'd like a photo credit, you should send that too.
.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken: A Fail, and then A Win

I found 2 similar crock-pot chicken recipes on Pinterest, and wanted to try them both.  I got to this one first.  It was just as easy as the recipe says, and the chicken was tender, but I didn't like the flavor at all.  My husband liked it more than I did, but he wasn't wowed by it either.  If you're a fan of canned cream of chicken soup, the you will like this.  I, apparently, am not a fan.

A week or so later, I tried this recipe.  I almost skipped it, since it also calls for cream of chicken soup, but this recipe only needs one can and it calls for cream cheese.  I decided to give it a chance, and I'm so glad that I did!  This chicken was creamy and tender and flavorful.  My only complaint was that it was a bit on the salty side, probably from the Italian dressing mix.  Next time I'll just make my own, and I'll be able to control how much salt goes into it.  I think I'll also take the mushrooms from the first recipe and add them to the second. 


Cream Cheese Crock-Pot Chicken

2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
8oz cream cheese
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix

Place chicken, soup, cream cheese, and seasoning mix in slow cooker. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-9 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. (I used less chicken, and it took only 6 ours on low.) Serve over hot cooked rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta, if desired.




No comments: