Wanted: All Good Recipes!

Have a recipe? Share it!! To share your favorite recipes, please use the e-mail button below. Don't forget to include a photo of the finished dish, if you can. In-progress photos are great too! Tell me how you would like to be credited at the end of the post and if you'd like a photo credit, you should send that too.
.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lemon Icebox Pie

 This is a family favorite, and has been a standard at every family gathering for as long as can remember.  I craved it the whole time I was pregnant with Elora, but I didn't have a blender at the time so my mom made one for me when we were home for Christmas that year. 


8oz block cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
½ c lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 ready-made graham cracker crust

Cut the cream cheese into small blocks.  In an electric blender, blend cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.  Pour mixture evenly into graham cracker crust, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.  Serve plain, or top with fruit.

If you like, you can substitute lime juice for the lemon.  I don't think it's nearly as good that way, but I seem to be the only one who feels that way.  :)

No comments: